Wednesday, May 21, 2014

REVENGE

Romans 12:19 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the LORD.


Last night, my son comes to my room when I thought he was alseep. He said, "Mom we forgot our devotion. Where's my Bible book?" The devotion was on if a friend hurts you or says anything bad, do not be ugly to them in return. He looks at me and says, "That's REVENGE, right Momma?" Yes! He said he had also learned that at school. I shared with him that means God really wants him to pay attention to what He is trying to tell him. The verse in the lesson is above.

So many times at adults, revenge is so much easier than letting and waiting for God to be the one dealing out the payback.
In today's society there is even a show called REVENGE. I don't watch it but I get the jist of a girl dealing out Revenge for a friend. Once again the Media has brought it to many different worldly ways, and I can see that just in the preview that I am subject too. Where's the show where the person is nice to the mean one and helps change their heart?

By human nature, we want to seek revenge or if someone does something to us or our family, we want to figure out a way to make that person miserable or unhappy. God wants us to be patience and let him seek revenge.. just a thought for today... it's hard... but maybe with God's help, we might can try today...

No comments:

Post a Comment