Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1st Bible Study of 2014 ~ Women Living Well

www.womenlivingwell.org has an awesome bible study going on. She gives the study guide, only need the book. I get her emails during the week. I really have enjoyed her blog over the years, so I was excited to get her book, and even more happy to see a study guide over it. I am not a study guide type of person b/c of the busyiness of being a mom/wife/worker,etc. I found the first chapter taking me back on a discussion we had on this blogsite last week – what is our fascination of the Amish? If you see my blog, you know that I am one of those people. Today’s world is so busy, it is nice to read about the simple life – knowing that should be our focus. Life is so busy and there are so many voices/things that take our attention. Even when the sun goes down, we are made to rest, but thanks to electricity and lights, we keep on ticking late into the night. Most more than me, since I crash early at night (morning person here). One thing she pointed out, is how often do we charge our cellphone? Daily, of course. Why don’t we recharge ourselves with God’s word? We can’t take time out? I have put devotions all through my life for this year, so if I walk in to get the dirty laundry from my bedroom, there lies a book. Can I take a minute to read? Thankfully, I have managed about 5 times for that one this year. Even though we have these books, we still need time in the ONE book that counts – BIBLE. In the first chapter you read about her Rachel Ray interview. It saddens me that media cuts out interviews when people bring up their personal walk with Christ. I love as she refers to B.C in our life as mommas – Before Children! Ha! I sure did have a lot more quiet times before my kiddos. I believe Jesus understands those first few years of being a momma and the craziness of life. We must still find times for those sweet moments of solitude, even if we wake up an hour later.  I do love reading how her mom taught her to take quiet times out with Jesus where she would journal, read her bible, etc. This is an awesome idea. How do I teach my children to take time out for their Bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment