Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 "Just a Closer Walk with Thee"

How did 2013 fly by so fast! My chosen word for 2013 was to "Simplfy" life. I would like to think I did, but if I am honest with myself, I will say I didn't truly focus on that as much as I would had liked to, but then again I gave birth to the most wonderful daughter, enjoyed my son being 4, mourned the death of my Granny - yet finding Victory in her death by seeing the joy my daughter brings, and lost my father. Wow that was a lot for a year. For 2014 when I pray about a word, the only thing that comes out is the hymm, "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" So I aim to focus on my walk with Him - giving time to read a Proverb for the day, enjoying all the devotional books that surround me, showing my children my walk with the Lord and leading them, and trying to be the best mom and wife that I can be. Also my focus will be on making Momma healthy so I can be here for my children! Even though the words are few, what I have just written will be a big focus and difficult challenge, but with God's help, I pray that I can report more by the end of this year. I forsee 2014 being a big year for us... Dear God help me as I have a closer walk with thee!

1 comment:

  1. Just a closer walk with thee. What a wonderful thing to focus on in 2014.

    ReplyDelete