Monday, March 24, 2014

Living Life Undaunted ~ 365 Readings & Reflections

After reading Christine Caine’s Living Life Undaunted, I was happy to see the devotional come out. I like how there is a certain reading for each day that has the date! That way you really don’t have to worry about a bookmark. It starts out with a verse, then there is a devotional, reflection, or some story that goes with the verse that challenges your daily life or is just simple thought to carry you through your day. At the end of each day is a Moment of Reflection on which she asks you a question. It is a great way to keep your mind on living that day with a great thought or challenge. I personally love in her Introduction when she says, “I believe one year of healthy daily thoughts can reap a great spiritual harvest in our lives.” Her writings are great for everyone but are really good for those that have lived with abuse and hurt. She has that past and shows how she has overcome. There are stories from her book, but she had added a little more for the daily readings. If you ever have the opportunity to hear Christine speak in person, you should! She is truly a great speaker and woman of God!
I have the paperback form of the book. I sort of wish it was sized like most books. It is a short thick book, but for a daily reading book some might like that. It keeps most of the one day per page. This will be one of those books that I keep in my daily readings. I received this book from the booklook blogger reading program and Zondervan in return for my honest review. Thank you!
http://booklookbloggers.com/art/_240_360_Book.1159.cover.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment