Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How our kids see our to do list!

Just as you forget that your children are around, and guess what? They listen to EVERYTHING that comes out of your mouth! I'm in a big transition area in my life - moving, yearend paperwork, etc. So apparently I say that I am behind on my to do list, alot..
Last week, my son asked me to do something that would be just as easy for him to do himself. I asked, “Why do I need to do this when you can?” Then I heard the words from my 6 year old, "MOM, I'm so behind on everything that I need to do that I will be needing to do stuff by the time I get to Heaven!"
Let's just say that made my stop in my tracks.. He then goes on to add, "Do you think Jesus will let me come back and finish what I need to do?"

I love how God uses our kids to work on our hearts and open areas up that we get to talk to our kids about...
How often do we let our day to day To Do List take up too much space in our minds.. Will our To Do lists really matter when we get to heaven? Will they matter so much that Jesus will give us that added time to come back and finish - NOPE. He has given us this time on earth to do his Father's business. Yes the clothes still need to be washed and the food cooked... but I need to stop and make sure that in everything that I give God the glory and do the best that I can and realize in the end... when the time comes.. It will be ok to have stuff left undone.. Apparently my stress of not getting stuff done had been seen by my son. It was a big eye opener to just stop and hug him and try to release some of that day to day stress…

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment