Thursday, June 4, 2015

Have you been a friend lately?

I'm not sure if it is true for you, but to me a true friend is really hard to find. True friends realize you are going through things, even if you don't chose to broadcast it. Maybe you think, well I don't see my friend often. Well do you just send a quick text or email or call just to check in on them? To have good friends, you have to be a good friend. It is easy to find ourselves getting depressed b/c we haven't had the ones we thought really cared for us checking in, but have you stopped to check in with anyone?
I have learned during difficult times that you can't hide - sick loved one, death in the family, these are the times you see who your true friends are. The ones that walk with your daily life and then stand stronger with you during those times. Treasure these friendships.
One awesome quality of a good friend is the ones that love you even when you aren't perfect. They forgive, don't hold grudges, and love you regardless. I pray my children have these type of true friends.
Today stop and think have you been the friend that reached out to maybe touch a friend that really needed to hear from you? Have you shown Jesus to that friend? And in the times you need a friend and one wasn't there, have you thought maybe Jesus was standing over your shoulder waiting on you to lean on him?



No comments:

Post a Comment