Monday, August 10, 2015

Are you taking advantage of this brief life?

My Pastor just finished a Tick Tock sermon, which really hit home. Below are the verses that go with this sermon.

We have 3 ways that we waste time: 1. We have no plan for the future – We should spend time to prepare our life to live righteously and to imitate God. 2. We simply exist in the present. Are we seeking God while we exist? 3. Live in the past – do you live in the past? Or do you need to learn from it and move on! Don’t keep looking back!

We are only given a certain amount of days, hours, and minutes on this Earth. The verses below will really show us how numbered our days are. Do we seek God and use every opportunity given? We should look for opportunities in our youth, while our body is still young and able!

“We must realize that in this brief life, we have a door of opportunity.” “In order for us to grow in wisdom, we must constantly be reminded of how brief our time on this earth will be.” “We must constantly remember our Creator before the door to life’s opportunities is closed.” - Beck Payne

This sermon really hits home for my family. My dear brother-in-law is fighting for his life at 35. My sister is standing by her husband and giving her all to him at age 31. Do you think in their teenage years they would see this coming? My heart breaks for both of them. We never know how short of a time God has for our life, the heartaches we will experience, or those we will touch by living for God. We can either make the best of each day – Honor God by helping those that are hurting, stopping to see/hear the beauty of God’s world, working to bring the joy of God to others.

Daily I want to embrace the beauty of the sky, the laugh of my children, the love of my family, and really anything that brings a smile to my face. Our time is so numbered on this Earth. I want to teach my children to look for the best in life. Always try to reach out and help people even if it is just a smile or opening a door for someone, etc.


PSALM: 39:4-9
LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
at best, each of us is but a breath.” Interlude
6 We are merely moving shadows,
and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
not knowing who will spend it.
7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you.
8 Rescue me from my rebellion.
Do not let fools mock me.
9 I am silent before you; I won’t say a word,
for my punishment is from you.

Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
so that we may grow in wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Ecclesiastes 11
5 Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb,[c] so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things.
8 When people live to be very old, let them rejoice in every day of life. But let them also remember there will be many dark days. Everything still to come is meaningless.
9 Young people,[d] it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do. 10 So refuse to worry, and keep your body healthy. But remember that youth, with a whole life before you, is meaningless.
12:1 Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”

Ephesians 5New Living Translation (NLT)
5 Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us[a] and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.
3 Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. 4 Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. 5 You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
6 Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him. 7 Don’t participate in the things these people do. 8 For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! 9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.
10 Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. 11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. 12 It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret. 13 But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them, 14 for the light makes everything visible. This is why it is said,
“Awake, O sleeper,
rise up from the dead,
and Christ will give you light.”
Living by the Spirit’s Power
15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do

No comments:

Post a Comment