Thursday, August 27, 2015

Children & School

I saw the attached picture and it gripped me b/c it is the way I see school with my children these days. Take my 1st child that I had in school. I think with him not having a caring experienced teacher, mixed with me being young and not seeing the big picture - 1st grade was NO FUN! He now doesn't like school and is trying to find the easy way out. I know I'm not totally to blame, but I wasn't seeing the big picture - the picture that says what does their eternal future look like vs their life here on Earth. Now I think with my 2nd in school, as long as I know daily he tries his best and is putting God first, we shall survive! He will get out of school when he is ready, the idea of my child repeating a grade or 2 is ok with me. School is tough these days. My freshman is reading books I didn't think about reading till maybe my Senior year.
School is tough, but life is harder! There is no rush to throw my child into this big bad world.
I daily strive now just to make sure that no matter what issue they have, that I use that as an example to point them to Christ, someway - somehow. And somehow someway, we try to bless someone that day and show them God's love - Then we have succeeded. If my child grows to love the Lord, I have succeeded.


“Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.[a] 5 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. 7 Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 8 Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment