Monday, February 27, 2012

FRIENDS ~ A Time, A Season, or A Lifetime

True friends are really hard to find these days in busyness of life. I have found it easy to get my feelings hurt by friends, but then I try to stop and think that we are all human and make mistakes. As a true friend we should forgive and move on. I am very thankful for the friends that I have made throughout my life. Some came in my life just when I needed them the most. They might not have stayed in constant contact, but in the end I know we are friends, if I need something or to talk, I know I can. Those are really true friends. I do enjoy with fb that I can keep a watchful eye on their lives and sort of keep up with what is going on in their lives.
I think some of us as woman get caught up in gossip and enjoy tearing each other down. Really we should be there to lift each other up and try to speak positive words into their lives. If you find a friend discouraged or complaining – try to point out the positive in her life. Also do you feel yourself as a giver or taker in friendships? I feel like I am more of a giver… Today try to think if you are the one that calls, sends emails/texts first? What do you add to your friendships? Positive contribuites?
Also I think as a friend we should look for those that look friendless, widows, and the elderly. Try today to reach out to a friend…
Philippians 2:4, "Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too." (NLT)
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John 13:34 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment