Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Friends

For starters, look at the word FRIEND, and think of the true meaning and those you have close in your life. Honestly if you stare at the word long enough, it looks misspelled. Ha!
We are currently doing a bible study with our small group about Community. It brings me back to the simple word ~ friend.
What do you consider a true friend? Who do you consider a good friend? When tragedy or stress hits, I believe a true friend is one that reaches out to check on you. A true friend just knows you and your deeper self (not the outer mosts of us), but they can pick up that, "hey I need to reach out and check on her."

I believe friendship is easier in our earlier years b/c we don't have the daily stress of family, children, bills, and the crazy life that goes with it. For me it is stopping my crazy life and welcoming a friend to lunch or coffee. Just chosing to pick the phone up and call my friend that lives out of town. Then I can honestly feel better about myself and the stress I thought I had. Friends are awesome. Friends should be like our 1st baseman - ready to help us go the rest of the way in life! We can't be like that garage door and hide behind our door and not share our life from our friends. We have to be open, honest, and raw.. The word "raw" has come up alot in my life today.. to be totally true to who you are.. share the best, the worst, and the stuff that we want to hold deepest to ourselves..

Here is to us praying that God brings the friends into our lives that we can partner up with and do life together!!

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment