Monday, October 17, 2016

Living in a Hurting World - Be a Light! Encourage someone!


John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

A Time for Everything
Ecclesiastes 3
3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


These are scriptures that I hold near and dear to my heart. Once again this morning, I came face to face with that we are living in a hurting world. People you think are happy and dealing with their hurts.. are really not.. This weekend the world lost a friend... a beacon of light.. someone that encouraged so many from children to adults.. Today a life was ended to early. Once again I am brought to realize how deep depression is.. how it really rips to the core of a person - a person that outwardly is dealing ok. Once again I think is there something I could had done to have reached a little deeper to this friend to help encourage or help them with their loss.. or just to maybe strengthen their faith. May through this battle, I remember to pray daily for God to open my eyes to those that need a hug, an encouraging word, or help. May he guide me better.. but may I ask more.. may I stop in my busy life and look, may I strive to draw closer to our Father.. the one that has come so that we may have peace. God has overcome this world. We are just passing through until we meet him face to face.. We all hurt.. We are in his world that is not made for us.. May during our battles we find the Joy & Peace that only HE can provide. May others see those that are in this battle and stop to encourage and uplift one another..



No comments:

Post a Comment